We are happy to deliver to BFPO addresses using our usual UK delivery methods and couriers.
Please note, however, that we are only responsible for delivery to the BFPO depot in the UK. Movement of goods between there and your location is the responsibility of the BFPO and we are not liable for losses after this point.
Certain BFPO addresses are eligible for VAT free sales.
We do, however, require that VAT is paid with your order and, if applicable, we shall then refund this.
BFPO outside EU
If your BFPO address is outside the EU, your VAT is eligble for refund and this refund will be processed upon our checking the details of your BFPO address against the British Forces list at http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/bfponumbers_static.htm
BFPO inside the EU
Certain BFPO locations within the EU are eligible for VAT free sales.
Before we can issue a VAT refund for an order dispatched to a BFPO address which is within the EU, UK VAT legislation requires us to obtain a "certificate of entitlement" confirming that the items have been shipped to and received by a qualifying body or person as set out in paragraph 14.2 of HM Revenue and Customs Notice 725 dated December 2009.
We can accept a copy of the order receipt which was dispatched with the item(s), signed and stamped by the head or acting head of the embassy, high commission, consulate, visiting force contingent or international organisation, with evidence of the official status of the signatory.
For goods which are shipped to BFPO customers in Cyprus or Germany, we require a certificate from the person placing the order uniquely identifying the supply for which relief is claimed, and claiming entitlement as follows:
- for British forces in Cyprus - under Article 14(1)(g) of EC Council Directive 77/388/EEC, or
- for a visiting force in Germany - under Article 15(10) of EC Council Directive 77/388/EEC.
We require this certificate in accordance with Section 14 of HM Revenue and Customs Notice 725 dated December 2009. If this certificate is not supplied, we cannot make a refund.
Please send the stamped receipt or certificate, quoting all the qualifying order numbers for which VAT has not been refunded to:
Jesters Trick Bits (BFPO/VAT)
c/o ABC Accounting
Flexadux House, Grange Road
Corringham Road Industrial Estate
British Forces Germany
1. Order your goods, paying in full including VAT.
2. Get a BFG 60 from your BFG/Tax Free office office (it's the same form for importing cars).
3. Send the form off to JHQ (BFG office will do it for you) with a stamped addressed envelope.
4. You will be issued with a Form 80, which is your entitlement form.
5. Go back to your BFG/Tax free office and they will issue you with a completed exemption certificate.
6. Make photocopies of all your documents (for your records) and send the exemption certificate to our address above.
7. We shall refund the VAT back, to your original payment card or Paypal account, on receipt of the completed documents.